Thursday 19 June 2008

Now that I have a blog, what will come here?

A very interesting question, because (as I suspect is the case with the majority of people who do this) what I write about is going to depend on how I feel today.

Some things will remain constant, however. Take the picture at the top there. The scene is of Linlithgow Palace and St Michael's Church from the sout side of Linlithgow Loch - and as you will have guessed if you read my opening salvo, this is the major feature of the town I grew up in. It's also a beautiful, peaceful scene to think things over under.

Then there's the thought of the week on the right hand side. That will be something froma song, story or prose that captures what I'm thinkign of at the moment. If you recognise the source, give yourself a pat on the back. If not, take it for what it is.

I'm actually at home today, havign some lunch before etting back to clearing things up before my in-laws arrive tonight. They're visiting for a reason I'll post about in a little while, but suffice to say it's going to get busy around here.

I'm also looking at my son's notes from the exam he sat yesterday. It only seems like yesterday I was holding his new-born body in my arms, yet here he is sitting national exams that could determine his future. Suddenly I start to feel old again...

I have something else to say, but that needs another post. You'll see why.

No comments: