Monday 1 September 2008

I have a confession to make

I have had an addiction for eight years now, but I finally managed to break it.

It started innocently enough back in 2000. I tried it a couple of times, but never really saw the point of it. Somehow or other, however, it sucked me in and before I realised what was happening I was hooked.

I would discuss it with other people, rearrange appointments to make sure I got my fix, even stay up until ridiculous hours to make sure I got the full experience.

Recently, however, I went cold turkey and, in a suprsingly painless manner, I have managed to wean myself off the addicition. It can be done with enough will power and motivation.

Yes, I have cured myself of the habit of watching Big Brother, and I praise God for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Mike!

My mom watches Big Brother, and I tried watching a few minutes with her recently, but I couldn't keep up with it. If I were stuck in a house with all those people, I'd vote myself out to end the misery.